Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Valentine's Day

     This past Valentine's Day was one that I hope I never have to repeat. I put my little dog Gypsy to sleep. She was with us 15 years. She went almost everywhere with us. We went ATV riding together, camping, visiting family and friends. She even went with us to visit my mother in eastern Montana. She was the type of dog that you could keep forever if she'd only lived that long. When she started losing her hearing, everything else followed: her bladder control, her mobility, her eyesight and finally her weight. Our last morning together, as she lie in her bed breathing hard, I had to ask myself - do I love her enough not to allow her to suffer? True love puts others before one's self. It is a hard question. Most definitely a different twist to Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment